- Who is Clearwater Paper Corporation's transfer agent?
- Clearwater Paper's transfer agent is Computershare
You may contact Computershare at the following:
Shareholder correspondence should be mailed to:
P.O. BOX 30170
College Station, TX 77842-3170
Overnight correspondence should be sent to:
211 Quality Circle, Suite 210
College Station, TX 77845
Shareholder online inquiries
tel + 866.205.6799 (between 9:00 am and 7:00 pm Eastern time, Monday - Friday; IVR available 24/7)
Through Computershare's Investor Centre website, registered shareholders* may also obtain their account information or make changes online at
Registered shareholders may make the following transactions online at Investor Centre:
- Change of address
- Transfer ownership of shares
- Request account statement
- Online enrollment for direct stock purchase program
- Certify taxpayer ID
- Buy and sell shares
- What is a stock split in the form of a stock dividend?
- Clearwater Paper's 2-for-1 stock split will be effected by a 100% stock dividend. Each Clearwater Paper stockholder will receive one additional share of stock for each share they owned as of the Record Date (August 12, 2011). For example: as of the Record Date if an investor owns 100 shares of Clearwater Paper stock and the market price is $75 per share, that investor's total investment in Clearwater Paper stock is worth $7,500. After the split the investor will have 200 shares of Clearwater Paper stock, but the market price will be approximately $37.50 per share. The value of the investor's total investment in Clearwater Paper remains the same at $7,500 until the stock price moves up or down.
- Does the 2-for-1 stock split in the form of a 100 percent stock dividend dilute the value of my Clearwater Paper stock by increasing the number of shares?
- This stock split will not change the proportionate interest a stockholder maintains in Clearwater Paper.
- Is this stock split a taxable transaction for me?
- Individual stockholders should consult with their own tax adviser regarding their own specific tax circumstances. From a U.S. Federal tax standpoint, this is not a taxable event.
- What will the tax basis in my split shares be?
- Your tax basis or cost will be equally divided among the new shares. For example, if prior to the 2-for-1 stock split an investor had purchased 100 shares of Clearwater Paper stock at $50 per share, following the distribution of the stock dividend, that investor's holdings would become 200 shares with a basis of $25 per share.
- When will the shares trade ex-dividend?
- For the stock dividend, the Ex-Dividend Date--the day the stock begins trading at the split price--is August 29, 2011.
- What is the effective date of the split?
- There are several key dates.
The Record Date – August 12, 2011 – determines which stockholders are entitled to receive additional shares due to the split.
The Payable (distribution) Date – August 26, 2011 – is the date when the stock dividend is payable.
The Ex-Date or Ex-Split Date – August 29, 2011 – is the date Clearwater Paper common stock will begin trading on the New York Stock Exchange at the new split-adjusted price.
- How will the split be documented?
- Our stock transfer agent, Computershare, will mail written statements to registered stockholders indicating their split-adjusted shares. If your stock is currently held in a brokerage account, the information will be sent directly to your broker.
- How will I be contacted?
- If you currently hold stock in your name, you will be notified at the address Computershare has on file. To verify your address you can call Computershare directly at (866)-205-6799. Please be prepared to provide your investor ID number which was provided on the statement of ownership you received from Computershare as evidence of your ownership position in Clearwater Paper. If your stock is currently held in a brokerage account, the information will be sent directly to your broker.
- What if I own stock through the Company's 401(k)?
- If you have an account under either the Clearwater Paper Salaried 401(k) Plan or the Clearwater Paper Hourly 401(k) Plan (each, the "Plan") with any assets invested in Clearwater Paper Corporation stock, the number of shares in your account under the Plan will be adjusted accordingly. No action on your part is required. Should you, however, have further questions regarding any impact to your account under the Plan, please contact Mercer at (800) 685-6542.